Once a year, The Britain-Nepal Society (The BNS) invites charitable organisations working in Nepal to apply for a grant of up to £1,000 for equipment or an activity benefiting the country of Nepal and its people. Organisations will ideally be UK charities, registered with The Charity Commission or a charity in Nepal registered with the Social Welfare Council and preferably with an annual turnover of £100,000 or less.
A larger donation may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Apply for Annual Grant 2022
Please complete this form to apply for the Annual Grant 2022. A applications must be received between the 31st July and the 30th of September.
Grant application guidelines and eligibility criteria:
- To be considered, applications (one per organisation) must be submitted to the Hon Secretary, The Britain-Nepal Society at email@example.com.
- If a UK charity; be registered with The Charity Commission and/or: If a Nepal Charity; belisted on the register of the Social Welfare Council of Nepal, BNS grants will not be payable for scholarship or travel bursaries. The BNS Sub- Committee will decide upon the eligibility and merits of each application and may select one or two applications to receive a payment provided that much payments do not exceed £1000 in total. The BNS Sub-committee reserves the right not to recommend payment of a donation in any given year or to recommend that the annual sum is carried forward and added to the following year’s donation.
- The BNS Sub-Committee shall make its recommendations to the BNS Committee for its approval at the last ordinary meeting (normally in October) of each calendar year.
- Successful grant applications will be announced at The BNS Annual General Meeting in December when BNS members will be encouraged to add their own additional financial contributions to the chosen good cause or causes.
- Grants will be paid to the selected charity/charities no later than the 30th June in the following year, being the end of The BNS Financial Year.
- All grants will be paid by BNS cheque or BACS payment to the recipient charity’s business bank account as approved by The BNS.
- Charities that receive a BNS grant must provide a report on completion of the project or when equipment purchased, supported by receipts and photographs. Details and images of such funded project or equipment may be used in BNS publicity.
- The BNS is not in a position to give feedback on unsuccessful applications.
- Charities that receive a BNS grant may only re-apply for a further donation from the third anniversary of the previous award.
Timetable for 2022 Awards
|31st July 2022||Opening date for applications|
|30th September 2022||Deadline for applications|
|October||Sub-Committee selects successful applicant(s)|
|29th October 2022||Sub-Committee makes recommendation to the full Committee at the October meeting|
|November||Successful/unsuccessful applicants notified|
|8th December 2022||Successful applicants announced at The BNS AGM|